Ok, I’m sure everyone is thinking I listen to nutritional & mental health podcasts nonstop but that is not even close to the truth. While, I do enjoy one occasionally, you will probably be surprised to know my favorite podcast genre to listen to is True Crime. That’s right, deep down I’m what you would call a Murderino.
I know it’s unorthodox and very taboo to talk about the subject of murder and crime but perhaps it’s my own twisted and crazy past that feeds the need to know that others have witnessed the worst of people and yet have managed to function.
I witnessed my mother pull a gun and aim it at my father’s head. She pulled the trigger but missed, barely. He proceeded to try to run her over with his truck even though I was standing right beside her. So, yeah. Maybe I just need to hear the crazy to remember it is indeed crazy, because in my life the crazy was normal.
So to the point, here are my favorite podcasts out there:
- My Favorite Murder by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark – http://www.myfavoritemurder.com
- Wine & Crime by Amanda, Kenyon, and Lucy – http://www.wineandcrimepodcast.com
- Sword and Scale by Wondry – http://www.swordandscale.com
- Generation Why by Aaron and Josh – http://www.thegenerationwhypodcast.com
- Atlanta Monster by HowStuffWorks & Tenderfoot – http://www.atlantamonster.com
- Dirty John by L.A. Times – http://www.latimes.com
- S. Town – by Serial & This American Life – http://www.s-townpodcast.com
- Someone Knows Something by CBC Radio – http://www.cbc/radio/sks
- Serial by This American Life – http://www.serialpodcast.org
- Missing Richard Simmons by Topic – http://www.missingrichardsimmon.com
This is not an extensive list by any means and there are other types of podcasts I like to listen to but if I have long drive or just some time I want to “veg out” then it will most likely be one of these true crime podcasts.
Tell me what you’re listening to and maybe I’ll catch it next time. I don’t care what genre it is, I’m always game to learn new things.